Monday, January 24, 2011

Me, Myself, and I

Honestly, I can't think of a single reason why I should be in college, but I can think of a thousand reasons why I should quit. College is difficult, they make it difficult on purpose. Eventually, there comes a point when it is more that just a class and you either take that step forward or you turn around and walk away. I could quit, but here's the thing, I like the challenge.

Sixteen weeks ago I would have never thought that I could say that. I was a newbie. I was scared. I thought I couldn't cut it. Somewhere amidst the endless papers and nights spent making flashcards I figured out that I can cut it. So here I am at the beginning of my second semester as a Graphic Design major. I love everything about design, manipulating elements, changing things and figuring out how they work together. For me design is more of a logic puzzle than anything else.

I've always liked things that make me think. Puzzles. Books. Writing. In all honesty that is probably the reason why I'm here sixteen weeks later writing a blog post for an English class. It's a challenge. It is a bit daunting to be a 19 year old. I am a teenager only by number and I am not quite what I would consider an adult. I am caught somewhere in the middle. At my age I most certainly don't know everything, but here is something that I do know: if you are willing to put yourself out there, take a chance and try something you have never done before the feeling of accomplishment is nothing short of amazing. 

1 comment:

  1. Your introduction was beautifully written. I am interested to see what your following posts will be like. I love your style! Welcome to the class.

    ReplyDelete